The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Big Cheese

The big girl just keeps getting bigger - and has the nerve to remind her Mother of the fact. The concept of 3rd grade is totally kicking my emotional butt and I'm hoping by August 15th I'll have adjusted enough to actually let her go. It's Kindergarten all over again.Her latest big girl adventure was a trip to Emery county with Grandma and without her mother. It nearly killed me. I insisted upon 3 phone calls a day (didn't happen), and every time her voice came across the line I had to choke back tears in order to retain my "cool" mom status. If I ever let her move out I'll have to stop grocery shopping. I bought more ice cream while she was gone than I ever do. Don't worry, I didn't eat it all . . . yet.

No comments: