The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Queen Clutz and the Kindergarten Blues

This is a picture-less post. I'm a basket case. One should never be pregnant when their firstborn starts kindergarten. NEVER. Ever. really.

I've fallen down the stairs three times in the last month. Only once did I feel I inflicted damage, but still. Today I picked Ksenya up from her 4th day of kindergarten. We were hurrying into the house (ok I didn't wear shoes so I was running because I was being bitten by fire ants) and I hit my head on the only partially opened garage door. Somewhere between standing and lying flat on my back I managed to twist my ankle, scrape up the top of my foot, damage my right shoulder, hit squarely on the middle of my back on the hard concrete, and bruise my head pretty badly (and loose a few hairs).

As if I hadn't cried enough this week already! I sent Ksenya upstairs to get Tyler to help me get up (yes, I had fallen and I couldn't get up). Sheesh. Not my proudest moment. Tyler couldn't help but laugh . . . we have a sick sense of humor when it comes to self-inflicted damage. I just wish we'd had a camera on me because I'd love to see how I did it and I'm sure we could have made money off the tape!

Here's hopin' for more coordination in the future.

11 comments:

Jami said...

Ouch! I am so sorry. What an emotionally and physically hard week. It has to get better from here, right?

I'll remember that advice about not being pregnant while sending my first child to Kindergarten. Sounds dangerous.

I love your guts.

April said...

Oh my goodness, girl! I hope you're alright.

Oveson's said...

HaHaaa I think that our policy is about the same in our house. I loved every detail of the whole fall. Fire ants and all!!! From the sounds of it you should find some place that pays for things like that.. He he. Love it!!

Sara said...

Dang!!! Watch out and don't kill yourself (although I have to admit I kinda chuckled when you went into detail about falling and not being able to get up...I can totally relate to you these days. But seriously, BE CAREFUL!!!

Nat said...

I am sorry you got hurt, but that makes a funny story! You're right...never send kids to Kindergarten when you're preggers! I made that mistake once too!

mom o said...

I sure hope that you are feeling better. As for the kindergarten blues, there isn't much you can do. It will happen with each of the kids. Jamie Jensen, who lives next door just sent Madison off to Ceder City for college. She said that as she watched the mothers cry about their kids going to kindergarten, she realized it really hadn't been that long ago that she was in the same position. Time goes by fast and live every moment to the fullest.

Shelly Kenison said...

You poor thing I hope you get feeling better quickly!

barrettandaudrey said...

ouch, I hope you are okay! I will pray that the rest of your week goes better!

Niki said...

I vote we put a pregnancy belly on him and make Tyler do mundane household tasks for a few hours...we'll see if he can get back up! It is incredible how ungraceful one belly can make you. I feel your pain girl, I'm right with you!

SISSY said...

toni dee! You are about as clumsy as I am. Even when I am not pregnant, I am falling..I hope you are doing ok now. I laughed at the thought of Tyler laughing at you. I know where he gets that from ;) Hee Hee. I can't believe Kseyna is a Kindergartener. It goes way too fast. Love and miss you guys soo soo much! I love Kabe going camping with Tyguy. That is so cute. Yeah for boys and camping with their dads !

Papa & Grandma Cox said...

Don't ever do that again! Especially when you are pregnant! It was NOT at all funny....it's a good thing you know a good Chiropractor! Did you tell him about that?! Did you tell your doctor?! The fall I took with Heath was part of the problem, I think, so I am worried. I love you. Mom