The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Friday, August 5, 2016

So this is fishing

One night a good friend invited us to do some "after bedtime fishing".  This seems to be the best kind for us if we actually want fishing to happen and not just rock throwing.
I don't remember ever catching a fish before in my life (though Mom swears I did with the help of my Dad when I was little).  First cast out on this lovely lake I caught one.  I was so surprised and a little excited (as in I almost jumped out of the boat) I wasn't sure what to do but I reeled in this hefty little lake fish.  

We picked the perfect spot at the perfect time of day because I caught another 10 or 12 that night.  It was so satisfying and fun and the lake was so calm and beautiful.  What a great night!


This was an accidental picture but it made me laugh - my awesome toe shoes in the bottom of the canoe. 

The view behind me.  Tyler was such a good sport - he knew how much I was enjoying the fishing part so he just paddled me around the lake all night and didn't get to fish at all.



No comments: