The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Friday, June 24, 2016

Hello Teenager

What in the world!  My baby girl is a teenager.  It's official and she's quick to remind us of it.  
Everyone says she looks just like me at that age, but I honestly don't remember being beautiful and graceful and smart and funny and kind and good like she is.  I tried to explain to her that strangers stop us in the store to tell me how beautiful she is, not because of her body - or at least not just because of that, but mostly because her spirit, all her goodness just eeks out of her face.  I'm not sure she got it, but I tried. 

She wanted a lime green zebra striped official teenager cake.  She's so easy to please.  

Keep on keeping on kid - you're pretty incredible and I can't wait to see where the next few years take you (just so they don't take you too too too far from me).  I'm sure it's hardest with the first and last, but I feel the bittersweet-ness of each milestone keenly.  She's only "all mine" for 5 more years.  I didn't think middle age would come so quickly.  And I remember my Mom saying that. 

No comments: