The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Random Sweetness

Dear Darla,
   Someday you'll grow up.  I know it, but I try to forget it.  I try to forget that you won't always be a chubby little wonder.  You won't always giggle and scream when I come after you for a hug and a kiss (probably scream, but not giggle).  You won't always wear your hat crooked.  You won't always climb up on the table to finish off everyone else's breakfast.  You won't always want me to read you another story.  Someday we'll argue over clothes or boys or music or curfew.  Someday I hope to hold your babies and see your beautiful kissable face in theirs.  Someday that will make my heart ache for the days that are gone.
   But today.  Today I'm totally, completely, endlessly addicted to you.  Everything you say and do and think is like music and sunshine.  We were watching a movie a few days ago and you were bored with the movie so you decided to go from one person to the next giving a hug and a kiss and whispering "I love you" until you'd gotten everyone in our family.  
   Is it any wonder you rule our roost?  I am excited to see you and wake you each morning, I love to cuddle with you and tuck you in at night.  Lately I have loved naptime because instead of fighting it now, you run to find your special spot and the perfect blanket (different every day) and the perfect book for us to read together.  
   Yesterday Kabe was floating a boat he'd made in a pond liner on the front lawn.  You decided that Bronco - our kitty, needed to go for a swim and before I could stop you that kitty flew through the air and into the pool.  When he came up wet and miserable and skulked off to hide and dry out you said, "Bronco dust luvs to swim!"  
   You have gotten so smart about what you can't eat and are always telling people if they offer you something you shouldn't.  You told one of your Aunts, "I can't eat that!  I'll be sick.  Mommy doesn't want me to be sick!"  
   Every day I thank Heavenly Father for sending me you and your siblings.  Every day I marvel at the amazing little people you are.  I love you,
Mom


No comments: