The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Back Seat Game

Brigham and I have a new game.  Every day when we go to pick up Ayvri from school I look in the rear-view mirror and I see this face . . . 
 So I pull the same face back at him, just as sad and serious as I can and then I see this face . . .
Which of course makes me smile as big as possible.  Then we repeat it over and over until we get there to pick up Ayvri.  One day I was feeling particularly grumpy.  Things at the office weren't great, the house was not getting finished quick enough for me, I was unhappy with some of the people in my life and I wasn't looking in the rearview mirror.  Finally I glanced back to see if I could switch lanes and there was the face - only instead of looking grumpy he was smiling as hard as he could at me.  He thought I started the game with my sad face and he was taking his turn. How could I help but smile back at my angel boy whose dimples rock my world.  I'm so thankful he didn't give up on his Mom and our back seat game.

No comments: