The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Monday, March 25, 2013

Crafty Surprises

Ksenya, see this cute headband?  Well, you're taking embroidery and knitting lessons from Grandma Cox.  Every Sunday you spend an hour at her house after church being crafty with Kodi and you keep coming home with amazing skills.  You even tried to teach me how to knit and were so patient as I dropped stitches and tied knots.  You really are growing into a beautiful young woman and I'm constantly surprised at how mature you can be.  At your parent teacher conference your teacher, Ms. Wand, (who we LOVE), couldn't say enough good about you.  She asked if you had any concerns and you said "Yes!"  You went and got a few workbooks and I couldn't believe what I saw.  One of them was Algebra!!!  No kidding.  You're in 4th grade for crying out loud and you're worried you're not making enough progress in Algebra!  I was a little floored and may or may not have teared up a little.  We are so proud of you and love you so much!  Slow down the growing thing though, Mommy is losing her breathe.

No comments: