The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Devil Child . . .

Anyone who knows my little Darlin' knows that she's pretty darn spoiled. She's also exceptionally adorable and very loving. This last week she got a little yeast infection. I say little, but it spread rather rapidly into a nasty rash that covered a lot of her body, her fingers and her face and it turned my little Darlin' into a little Devil. Attitude. Temper. Fits. Screaming. For several days she was quite literally a beast, particularly to her mother who tried desperately to curb the infection in any way I could. To document what seemed to be her first round of really hateful behavior I pulled out the camera. She did not love me for this, but I think may appreciate it later. I'll admit, even when she's throwing a fit she's pretty darn cute.
But the yelling? Not cute. Not even remotely cute. Please don't look at this and think, "Awe, she's pretty cute". It's not. Ok, it's a little funny, but definitely not cute.
And then there's this face - the, "I despise you at this moment, Mother" face. Thank heavens she is feeling much better and has decided that she again loves her Mommy. It was a rough week . . . . we shall see if it compares to next week as she learns to adjust to no longer being the baby and sharing her Mommy with her little sister. Poor thing, sometimes life just isn't fair.

No comments: