The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Little Miss Emotion

My little Mama has been loving her outside time with the warmer weather and has really spread her wings on organizing adventures for all her siblings. This week I looked out and saw a tent had been erected over the picnic table on the back porch. They had brought books, snacks, a big umbrella and a few other comforts and were having quite the party as she read to them. Only Brig realized I was watching.
She also got in on the worm play with Kabe and really enjoys playing with them. She was also the bravest one in her class when they did their unit on Meal Worms. She isn't timid when it comes to bugs, just people. She has decided she doesn't really love riding the bus after all and will be glad when those days are over.
Although she's a good organizer, occasionally her bossy side takes over and lately she's had a little mean streak. I'm hoping it's a short-lived phase because she's naturally such a sweet heart that it makes me sad when she get's ornery.
She'll be glad someday that I documented this. She has become a little touchy about me laughing at her and wants badly to be taken seriously. This has never been my strong suite, but something that I'm working on.
The other day I wanted to take her picture (this picture) but she didn't want a picture taken. I said something silly like, "Oh, good one sis! I'm gonna have to save that one to show your dates when you grow up". She immediately got very upset and a few minutes later came back upstairs in tears. When I asked what was wrong she said, "You're gonna show that picture to my boyfriend and he won't want to take me out!". I couldn't help it and laughed right out loud. She was so hurt that I would laugh she wouldn't speak to me for almost an hour. Sometimes I wonder how she'll survive having me for a mother but I'm so glad I got her!

No comments: