The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Big Son

Kabe is really coming into his own lately - always wanting to be doing big things and hanging out with Mom or especially Dad. He is still very short for his age, but more than makes up for that in personality. His favorite past-time is teasing people (read "bugging") but is gradually and finally learning when enough is enough.He and Mom gathered a whole can full of worms after the last rain storm in the hopes that he can go fishing with Daddy soon. Of course, this can of worms has been dumped and sorted and played with and thrown at his sisters so many times that I'm not sure how many of the original 32 (yes 32!) are still there.
Kabe loves to play chess and is really good at remembering how the pieces move, although he gets a little bored and is always frustrated when I beat him. Tyler is patient and let's them get good moves in, but I figure it won't be long and they'll beat me outright so I'll teach them how to be good losers while they're young. I know, I'm mean.
This handsome boy is learning piano and finally taking his lessons seriously. I just love how studious he gets when it's his turn to play and even when he gets frustrated, he is usually easy to love out of it. He's very smart and his teacher can't say enough good about him. He's gotten to be an excellent reader and loves his reading time (right before bed). We just finished reading "Chocolate Fever" which he loved and now we have started the Harry Potter series as per his request.

No comments: