The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dapper Dan

Our "big" is getting just that . . . more so every day. I think his head is bigger than Ksenya's and picking him up is a work-out. He does so many funny things that make us all laugh that we can look past his 2-year-isms.
The boy is very good about going potty during the day except if he's playing outside and is just having too much fun to stop. He always lets me know when he's had an accident. He still wears a diaper at night because I've decided boys are dry when they're dry and until then it's worth the $.25 a night to not have to wash bedding daily.
He's still got those dimples that melt me into a puddle. He also has this funny dry skin on his face that I'm too lazy to do anything about. I am thankful that very soon I won't have to cut his hair and fully intend to never do it again. I hate cutting hair, it's just not among my list of talents and sadly, this child's head seems to show it most of all.
See the dimples? Is it any wonder I'm charmed? His vocabulary is my favorite as he's at that age when he tries to say everything but still speaks his own language. Some of my favorites are: "Dapper Dan" (garbage can), "Norway" (dinners ready), "Weewee" (Ayvri), "Yaya" (Ksenya), "Kaybin" (Kabryn), "Dahdah" (Darla), "Haho" (Tahoe), "Dinana" (banana), "Piper" (diaper), "Ayoo" (I love you).
The other day he kept wearing this can as a hat and it got stuck on his head. I had to grease his forehead to get it off and the suction was incredible. By the time they came to me (he'd had Ayvri trying to pull it off for a while) he had a nice purple line on his head, but he wasn't crying and the second I got it off he put it right back on. Silly boy. We sure love him and all of his antics. He can always make me smile.

No comments: