The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Fever

I am sick of winter! There, I said it. After four years of being completely spoiled in Texas and complaining that it wasn't wintery enough . . . I've had it with the cold! It seems like I am always cold! WAAAA! (don't worry, I'll grow up someday).
The kids, on the other hand, don't seem to know it's cold and are always asking to play outside. We went to the park and as I sat in the car with the heater on they all ran around until their faces were bright pink and they couldn't feel their fingers.
Another day they asked if they could have a picnic. Brig and I watched them from the comfort of the kitchen. I am glad that they can still enjoy our home in the country and I'm looking forward to enjoying it a lot more as the temperatures rise (someday). Reminds me of the line in the movie "Groundhog Day" . . . . "it's gonna be cold, it's gonna be dark, and it's gonna last you the rest of your life!" Here's hoping that spring comes as soon as possible.

No comments: