The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Heaven-sent.

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. ~Johann von Goethe
I have always loved this quote. I'm amazed at how wonderful we come into this world and how intelligent babies are - able to communicate their wants and needs and show personality without the use of language. Darla has finally had the chance to discover herself in the mirror. I love to watch them play in front of the mirror. With the older kids we put a big mirror on the floor and let them crawl around on it. Here the closets in my room are perfect for her to stare at herself.
I had to contort myself to get a shot with her little feet - they are so tiny still and always naked (the girl won't wear socks). She has such long fingers and toes and they are so straight.
What a wonderful little person - who is who she is, divinely sent as a blessing to our family. Being her mommy is the best job in the world.

1 comment:

jackson said...

Beautiful baby girl! darling pictures!
Mom P