The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ennobling Update

My book this month was "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. It was AWESOME! I love his books and that I always want to be a better person after reading them. The plots are entertaining and the language is engaging, but the life lessons that are subtly taught and deeply engrained are really the life-changing thing about reading his books.

One of my favorite quotes, which hit me at first reading and stuck with me throughout was this:

"It is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."

1 comment:

Amber said...

Toni! I am so sorry that I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday yesterday!! Forgive me??

I hope that is was a very special one for you because you deserve it!! You are a blessed Daughter of God! Take care and you don't look a year older!!