The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Darlin'

Little Darlin' is always the center of attention no matter what we're doing. If I leave her on the floor then she's immediately surrounded, if I leave her in her crib, then her room is usually full of other kids. She's never lacking for someone to hold her or play with her or talk to her. Doesn't she look tiny next to my blondies?
This is how Darla has spent a good percentage of her first 6 months. She just starting to grow out of her sling and I won't be able to wear her for much longer. Still, she's pretty comfy snuggled next to Mom and this Mommy is pretty comfy with a baby next to my heart.
This is her newest trick. She is making great strides towards crawling which has me a little nervous (our house isn't baby proof). In addition to getting up on her hands and knees the baby loves her yoga plank position. She's incredibly strong and can get up on her toes and sustain it for a lot longer than I can. This little face cracked me up. What a ham.
Here she is on all fours, rearing to go. For now she only makes backward progress but I know that will change soon. She still gets around and scoots in reverse quite effectively.
When she gets tired she really plops down on her stomach and you can tell she's pleased with herself and her progress. What a little cherub.
Here she is with Ayvri practicing all her moves.
Seriously "it" is so strong and flexible it's amazing.
Guess who's started eating real food? After a week with Avocado and some sensitivities to that, we took a break from solids until digestion regulated and then started with some raw sweet potato.
The girly LOVES it and her little body likes it a lot more. Not the fat that we had hoped to give her, but I can't complain that she loves to eat.
At least she loves it until she's full and then she lets me know by spitting it as far and wide as possible (the girl can cover great distances). She's so much fun and is totally ready for a high chair (too bad we left ours in Texas).
This was a rare capture of the baby girl fussing. She doesn't do it all that often but when she gets mad she can really get a puffy face in a hurry. She hates having a messy diaper and if she's at all stinky she'll let me know right away and then gives a little laugh or happy sound the second the dirty diaper is off.
She's been a little spit-puddle lately and is probably teething although I hope that nothing sharp emerges soon. Her chapped pink cheeks are still great for kissing. I also need to document that we have no pictures of her in the tub because she HATES to bathe. I'm not sure why but she's always really disliked it and usually screams the whole time she's in the tub (which means she's only in it for about 3 minutes).
I love her blue eyes and the little fuzz that she's finally growing on her head. Even though she's just a tiny thing, she is a big part of our family and our lives. Can't imagine life without our little caboose.

No comments: