The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Right Now . . .

My boots are very, very muddy. This is actually better than I expected when I sucked them out of the bog in the back. Why was I out in the bog you ask? Well . . . I'll show ya.I went out in the bog to find my children. More accurately, to sneak up on my children and take their picture. Sneaking is very hard with barking dogs and sucking mud, still, I was fairly successful.
The children were in the barn where they had absconded with some apples and a couple blankets to make their "hideout" in the hay. The sign says, "This is Ksenya and Kabes hide-out, no little kids allowed" (apparently Ayvri bribed the bouncer).
But Mom, we weren't going to eat the apples we stole after you told us we couldn't have a snack (why do I ever tell them they can't have a snack?)
Look at this pose - seriously, does she know her belly is showing? Does she know that in about 10 years this pose won't be cute anymore to anyone but her mother?
After removing myself from the mud I came back inside to this - he's so cute sleeping in one sock it was all I could do to keep myself from cuddling up with him.
And then there's this. If you could be kissed to death she'd be long gone. Oh my, those chins get me every time.
We've learned the hard way that the playpen is much safer than the floor - so here she spends many waking hours, safely imprisoned.

Now to go wash my boots and answer the age-old question, "What's for dinner?"

4 comments:

jackson said...

You're kids make me laugh Toni. They are so darling. cute cute cute.
love them so much. Hope to see you in February.
Love
Mom P

Jason and Michele said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I had your natural talent for creating cute blog posts. No wonder I struggle! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new picture of you and Tyler. Wish I photographed that well!

Chesney said...

Toni,

I would love for you to add me and check in once in a while to see what we are up to. We live in La Verkin which is like three miles outside of Hurricane, it could really be the same place if you ask me. Small towns you know how that is.. Your kids are awesome, I wish you would have moved here so I would have someone to hang out with and my kids would have loved playing and finding adventures with yours..Keep in touch, my email is shortcup@yahoo.com, tell you mom hi!!

Darla said...

Hello my Toni Dee! I just love you to pieces. I don't always comment, but I always laugh a lot!! Which makes me happy. Thanks for being you. You have a gift and capturing everyday life into a great, inspiring, journal that brightens my day. Thank you!!! I love you.