The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jabber-Wok

This little girl has always been a talker. Before she spoke in words she spoke in grunts - and very effectively (the inflection was always perfect). Now that she has great command of the language she never stops . . . as in, ever! She talks herself to sleep, she talks to herself while on the potty, she has a hard time stopping even during the prayer. Today she paid me a great compliment, "Mom, you taste like hot dogs"
Now she's started writing too. It's really hard for me to accept that my little Tinkerbell is old enough to know her letters, much less write them. She loves to spell her name. Today while playing with letter tiles she spelled out her name for me: I R V Y A
Yep - she is a lefty and writes everything backwards. For her favorite word (MOM) it works out ok, but otherwise we're gonna have to work on the left to right. She also loves to spell although I'm not sure she understands the concept. The other day she said, "Hey Mom guess what? I can spell Two! One, two . . . that spells two!" She is excited about being smart and makes us laugh every day. Her "r"s really crack me up and she talks even more to hear the difference. Today she found the "L" sound that comes between your teeth (usually she replaces W for L). My baby girly is growing up.

No comments: