The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kindergarten Countdown

This week is exciting for one very simple reason . . .only 2 1/2 days until school's out! I've been counting for weeks now and it's finally here. Ksenya graduated from Kindergarten yesterday. She was given an award for independent thinking (that's my little nonconformist). Ms. Lunsford has been fantastic this year, truly an answer to my prayers.

Look- see that kid in the circle? She's mine! And after this week she's ALL mine!

This is one of her good friends. She wanted me to take a picture of her with each of her friends individually and to set up play-dates with each of their parents right then. Silly girl!

Ksenya is a little ball of emotion. Change is really hard on her and the end of the year blues have hit with a vengence. She is up and down, here and back again and bursts into tears over the tiniest thing. At least I've learned that this is just the way she ticks and she'll recover quickly. She's such a sweet girl and a huge help to me. I was so proud of her - she read 231 books this year for her reading log (and that's not the half of what we really read, that's just what she wrote on her lists). I'm so thankful that she came first and for what a great example she is for her siblings.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I love the way you do your girls' hair! That must be fun! Congrats on all the reading! That is awesome!

Heath 'n Jeri said...

Good job on the reading! That must be very fun. I love how she has a special place in her heart for all her friends and teacher.