The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Off with his Head!

Do you ever feel sorry for your kid that they got you for a parent?
This is my darling son! The boy will never have hair if he keeps this up! Look at this picture - look really close at the top of his head . . . the picture didn't do it justice. See? Yes, you guessed it - scissors again! Just as it was starting to grow out he put some interesting patterns into it. At least I didn't have to buzz it all the way down, we used the #2 attachment on the clippers. Oh well, I'm getting used to the little baldy.

Kabe had a few days last week where we just weren't getting along. I'll be honest - I didn't like him. I love him, but I didn't like him. All we did was fight with each other and I called my mother in tears, completely at the end of my rope. You know what she did? She laughed! This is just one more reason why being a grandparent rocks - you get sweet revenge. Except I am getting the revenge meant for my older brother. That's a story for another day.

After talking to both my parents and Tyler I geared up for a little more love and logic. See I am a control freak. Kabe is a control freak. This is the source of our problems. Here's the solution - an insane amount of prayer and a whole lot of choices. I get to pick his choices which gives me control (happy me), and he gets to make the choices which gives him control (happy him). The last few days have been ever-so-much better and I'm feeling thankful yet again to LIKE my boy and love him too!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Ummm... do you care if I comment on ALL of your posts?!

Kabe is so handsome, even without hair!

Heath 'n Jeri said...

I love you Kabe!