The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Man!

I have to gush - maybe it's the pregnant me needing to express her most intimate emotions or maybe it's just that Tyler has been home with me on break for the last week, but no matter what the reason - I have to gush a little this morning at the incredible man that I'm married to (not to mention handsome . . . oohlala!).

Tyler can't say no to little kids selling things. The other day on our way into Kroger there were scouts selling popcorn. He politely told them no thankyou and went into the store. I was in shock! I seriously haven't EVER seen him turn down a child salesperson. It gnawed at him the whole time we were shopping and when we left he promptly dug in his wallet and gave the scout $5.00. The other day he bought 4 glasses of lemonade from a few door-to-door neighborhood girls. Such a softy.

Another beautiful moment was yesterday when we took the kids to "Going Bonkers" . . . this big air conditioned indoor playground. They were having so much fun and I (who am much too large and awkward to climb anything) enjoyed sitting watching our 6'5" 200 lb Daddy try to keep up with the kiddos through tiny tunnels on his hands and knees. He was such a good sport and they completely adore him.

He has been working his brains out this week doing all the honey-do jobs that I've let wait for him. He even helped me scrub the bathrooms and put up the crib so I won't have to do it later on this month without him. Poor guy - his breaks consist of putting us all back together so we can continue but I'm so thankful for all his help and I'm starting to feel like we'll make it through another trimester (of school, not pregnancy thank heavens).

In the midst of a huge project on Saturday he got a call for a last minute young mens activity. With no warning he dropped everything and took off with a smile on his face. He's the most willing person I've ever met and I'm so thankful he's the captain of our family team!

6 comments:

Nat said...

Awww...you're a lucky girl! We're lucky enough to have a guy like that too!

Jessica said...

That is an amazing picture. The water is so clear. I am so glad you found "the love of your life." If anyone deserves it you do!!! I can't beleive you are getting so close to your due date. How about a cute belly pic?

Sarah Ball said...

Sure love that brother of mine and I will have to agree with you he really is something special! Love you guys and miss you!

April said...

How sweet!

SISSY said...

I love these great stories of one of the greatest men I know. He is truly an amazing person, and I am so glad you found him. I always knew my Tyguy would be a great Daddy and Hubby. He is handsome! :) It is those great Petersen genes... Give that boy a big hug from his sissy who loves and adores him too.

Erickson Fam said...

ah, that's a sweet post! Aren't daddies the best!?!