The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

K is for Kindergarten

Well, my little miss started Kindergarten this week and I was so distraught that I forgot my camera - so pictures are forth-coming. She enjoyed her first day and when I asked her what she learned she said, "Oh nothing, we just talked about rules and stuff". She did enjoy recess and P.E. and loves telling me how many kids got in trouble each day.

It's definitely harder on me than anyone. Today Tyler asked me if I was still upset (it was her second day). I only cried twice today though, which is progress. Stress is a killer and I've stressed about her being in school until I've gotten myself a nice infection, so I'm trying to think zen thoughts. I'll say this though, no-one warns you when you have a baby that Kindergarten is much more painful than labor and delivery!!! I am proud of her though, she's much more independent than I was at her age.

8 comments:

The Martone Memories said...

Your emotions are so cute! It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only sappy one out there. I hope she has a great year.

Anonymous said...

Hey Toni, This is Michele Knight(Savage). Remember me??? I just found your blog and it is SO cute!!! Here's my email address, shoot me an email if you wanna see my blog! chele_jbnta@msn.com

You and Tyler have a beautiful family!!!

~Michele

Oveson's said...

You are one strong women. I think i am just going to suspend marisa in time when she hits age 4. Dreading that time!!!!!

Unknown said...

I remember when Justin went to Kindergarten and how sad I was. I truely missed him around the house.
I know you will adjust, but it doesn't make it any easier with any of them. Now all of mine are gone! Where did the time go???
Ksenya will hold her own though. I worried about Tyler because he was such a sweet boy and I wanted him to stay that way. I wondered if he would stick up for himself and of course he did. Ksenya seems to me to be able to handle any situation and give a piece of her mind if need be.
love you
Mom P

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun! Teniah loved her first day of school! I wasn't too sure how I'd handle it, but I did good...not a single tear shed. However, I can't think about it much...I just can't get over the fact that my little girl is old enough to go to school!!

Jill said...

You are such a good mommy Toni! Ksenya is beautiful and I am sure she will love her first year of school. I know this won't make you feel any better, but it seems like once they start school, time just flies even faster. One thing I love about school is that I am always so excited to see them when they come home, I am ready to "take them on!"

barrettandaudrey said...

I can't believe she is that old! I am sure she is going to love it, she is such a brite young thing! So we are in Enid which is about an hour north of Oklahoma city, how far is that from you? I would love to see you!

April said...

I remember my mom telling me she thought the Savior would come before her first child went to kindergarten. Her 12th child has been out of kindergarten for 8 years now, and she has had numerous grandchildren graduate from kindergarten. I gave up hope the Savior would come to save me from having to send Haleigh to kindergarten. Now I'm praying He doesn't come until I can get my act together. It is so hard to let go.