The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Not-so-Little Mama

Dear Daughter,  Please stop growing.
Every time I look at this kid I have to remind myself that she is still a kid.  She is so "real".  I used to be scared to have teenagers and while I still worry about all the unknowns that we are on the verge of, I have the COOLEST teenager!  She is fun and respectful and loving and helpful.  

Everyone always asks me if she is for "real" and I have to answer, "yes!"  She's just as sweet and good and genuine as she seems and even more.  She's also fun and funny and a bit snarky now and then - a side of her that I think only we in the inner circle see.

I have started praying for her future husband.  I know - I should have been all along, but it just wasn't on my mind until now.  The sweet part is that she's praying for him too and all I can say is that he's one lucky fella already.  This girl is going to be amazingly well prepared for motherhood.

And still she's a teenager, and very honest about the real, raw, rough parts of this phase of life.  I love you Ksenya.  Thanks for being my daughter and one of my very best friends.  You amaze me.

No comments: