The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Gross Science

It's that time of year - you know, the time that I LOVE where we get to do science experiments (and then the time I hate where we get to create elaborate boards to represent the science done).  Well, here goes Kabe's science project:  Growing germs!
First he prepared his petri dishes.  He was a little skeptical of this part, but mama knows jello!

Then we swabbed all the places in the house that he wanted to see.  There were a few funny ones like Brigham's foot and Noah's hand and Max's mouth.  Then there were some less funny ones like the toilet, the window sill, the tv remote, my phone and my mouse.

 And then we wait - and wait and wait.
The verdict?  Well this aloe vera plant that I'm killing grew some pretty colored things. 

My mouse grew some interesting life forms as well (gag!)

Thankfully, brothers foot didn't grow much at all.  Learning is FUN!

No comments: