The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Going Gourmet

Daddy and I decided it might be best for Ksenya to finish out the school year in home school and she agreed.  One of her classes as part of her home school was "homemaking".  Call me old fashioned but I think it's super important for girls to learn skills like this.  She got to search pinterest for the recipes she wanted, work them into the budget she was given, help me shop for the ingredients and then prepare and serve this beautiful meal.  I also required that it be fairly healthy and balanced so she had to do a little research on nutrition as well. I was super impressed.  She chose a few things that I'd never made and incorporated a lot of food storage.  What an incredible thing for a 12 year old to do!  The kids were in heaven with all the party food.  Good job girly!

No comments: