The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Big Kabe - one year bigger.

 Happy birthday big boy!  This year you really wanted a cake with Obe Wan Kenobe and Darth Vader fighting.  I was overwhelmed.  I asked if instead I could surprise you with one of your favorite things instead.  You agreed (you're so very accommodating).  I think you were pretty happy with the results.
For your birthday adventure this year you wanted to roast marshmallows.  Since we were getting ready to go on our California vacation you said we could wait until we got back - it's on the list of adventures we'll have this week.
You have been quoting Megamind at random all the time lately.  The other night your Daddy and I were sitting talking.  You were sitting nearby but I thought that you were reading and didn't realize you were paying attention.  With perfect comedic timing you chimed in, quiet, but loud enough we could hear you, "My super ears are burning".

Another time we were sitting at a meal - someone mentioned something was too cold (shocking I know) and you piped up, "but it can be re-warmed in the microwave of evil."

I love your growing sense of humor!  You constantly make me laugh and are such a good big brother.  You are excited to join the Bears in scouts and your teacher can't say enough about how smart and responsible you are.  How thankful I am for our big boy.

No comments: