The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Birthday Boys

Happy birthday to boys.
Happy birthday to boys.
Happy birthday to bo-oys.
Haaaaappy birthday to boys.
Every birthday is the same debate - which cake do we want?  I guess I've made it such a big deal that Brigham was sure that the cake WAS the birthday this year.  The day after he asked if he could have some more birthday.  Kabe had been asking for a Harry Potter cake for a while and I had seen dozens of beautiful and elaborate cakes online that I ached to make.  BUT we were in the middle of remodel.  No countertops, no sink and the stove was on one end of the house and the fridge was plugged in on the other end.  
Needless to say I was in no shape to frost carefully so when I found a picture of the original Harry Potter Birthday cake I knew it was the perfect solution.  When he got home from school I told him that there had been a huge man with a big black beard pull up on a really loud motorcycle who gave me this package.  "He said he might have sat on it, but that it should still be good and that he baked it himself, words and all."  I didn't anticipate it being as funny as it was but Kabe laughed and laughed about that.
Brigham wanted a Mater cake.  Thank heavens mater is a rusty old truck because up close this cake was pretty sad looking, but from a distance it looks just like mater and Brig was pleased as punch about his marshmallow parts (the boy has a thing for marshmallows, they are his absolute love).

Can't believe my boys are 8 and 4.  What happened to those chubby little faces?  They are growing up and ironically enough, still sharing a lot of their clothes :)  They both love all things boy and are too too too into movies.


No comments: