The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Monday, August 13, 2012

All Together Again

This Mommy loves summer!  As much as I prefer a schedule, routine, the day-to-day wonderment of knowing what to expect, summer is the best because it means we're all together.  I don't like splitting us up in four or more different directions!  I know what you're thinking, "Just wait missy, there are six kids in this family - so as they grow there will only be more directions".  I know this.  In my heart of hearts I understand and I truly want them to be independent, to enjoy all the opportunities life has to offer.

I just want to be with them while they enjoy.

I want to watch.

I want to listen.

I want to protect and defend and do all those other hover-mother things that Tyler disagrees with.

Thank heavens for Daddies to keep us emotional hormonal mommies in check right?

Now I have to go cry while I sit on the porch and wait for my not-so-little babies to get home from their first day at school.

No comments: