The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Monday, March 26, 2012

Displaced & Distressed

This little wonder has been having a bit of a rough week. It's not just her baby sister's arrival and all that entails - she just hasn't been feeling great and it's starting to wear on her and everyone around her as well. Despite her lack of health she is still a mostly happy kid - but has developed a look that worries her mother a little . . . it's like this:

See that? That look says a million things to me - mostly it says, "I'm so cute I can be naughty and get away with it." It also says, "I don't agree with you anymore and intend to make my difference of opinion known." She's getting defiant, she's getting opinionated, she reminds me of another adorable baby who to this day has a VERY strong will. That's right, Darla, without warning, is starting to act very much like Kabe. (gasp).
See here? She doesn't want her picture taken. I coaxed, I bribed, I teased and she did this. We love this little girl so much and she's still the center of attention in every way. She loves 'her' baby so much and is tries really hard to be good . . . except for when she doesn't want to. Mostly Mom is just hoping she feels better soon and that improves her mood a little.

No comments: