The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wild Thing . . .

When Kabe was born that was his song. Wild thing, you make me heart sing . . . .
I'd sing it to him every night. Not the greatest lullaby, but it was our song.
Today my "wild thing" is 7 years old. 7 years? My goodness but this boy changed our lives forever. He's my every day unknown - the surprise waiting for me, the mischief in the air.
He's the science guy who's always experimenting with everything (including his sisters).
He's the tease-monkey who likes to push people's buttons and knows just how to do it.
He's the best thing that ever happened in September, and he'll always be this big in my head. He let me eat lunch with him today - just sitting in the cafeteria and he was ok with his Mom holding his hand in the hall. I told him he can't grow up anymore and he just smiled at me. Happy Birthday Wild Thing! We sure do love you!!!

p.s. this year you chose german pancakes for breakfast, tuna sandwich for lunch and homemade pizza for dinner. For your adventure you chose to go swimming at the aquatic center (tomorrow), then out for ice cream and renting a movie. You are always so easy to please!!!

1 comment:

jackson said...

Happy Birthday Kabe!!!! Sure do love you! You are a cutie.
Love
Gramma Horse