The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Teeny Tiny Turns #1

Can it really be a whole year since you joined our family? I remember ever minute of your birth so clearly. I remember how calm you were, how you just cuddled me for hours and how comfortable you felt in my arms. I remember your bald little head (some things haven't changed a lot) and those bright eyes, filled with trust and contentment. I remember how happy I was you were here - how right it felt, and still does.
As you've grown you've been so patient with all your siblings. At one week you took a road trip across three states. You lived in our car and rode me around for months and months. I loved the feeling of you cuddled up next to me. I loved watching you explore the world with your eyes. Now you explore with all of you - you love to eat rocks and climb things. You love to pull hair and experiment with your teeth.
You are happy and smiley and giggly. You like to make noise and are very good at getting exactly what you want. You love to eat, and eat, and eat and must have your Daddy's metabolism because you are still as itty-bitty as ever. You aren't walking yet, but I think you could if you decided you wanted to. You give the best open-mouthed kisses and have already mastered the "mwah" sound. You pat me and say "bah" when you want a bite of something. You smile and wave and clap and love your Daddy. I know when you're excited because you crawl really fast. You giggle at naptime and like to sit in your bed and talk to your sisters at bedtime.

Happy birthday baby girl. We are so thankful for you and all your little wonders.

No comments: