The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Little Women

March's reading selection was "Little Women". I love this movie but had never read the book until this month. It is head over heels better than the movie. As I read I wanted so much to be more like Beth, yet found myself identifying more and more with Jo. I tried to keep from liking Amy (which is easy in the movie as she's so irritating), but ended up being glad she got Teddy in the end. I learned a lot from Meg and especially want to be like Marmee - and to have a home where all my little people want so desperately to be good and know that I'll love them even when they're 'desperately wicked'. Charming, heart-warming and inspiring this is definitely one I recommend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I forget how many times I've read this book. Probably about five?? I LOVE it! I found it the first time when I was twelve and I have to reread it periodically.