The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hoarder

A while back we watched an episode of the show "Hoarders" and I was sickly fascinated. I couldn't believe that people actually let their clutter get so much control over their lives. It was disgusting and intriguing all at once. I had a nearly uncontrollable desire to clean their houses.
Earlier this week Tyler was helping me put the groceries away and kept asking why I was saving all these empty jars/containers. I always had a reason - craft projects, baking projects, holiday projects, gardening projects. After a while I realized, I'm a hoarder.There, I said it. I have a compulsive desire to save things like this. Now I've recognized it I purged most (yes, I said MOST) of the containers and have vowed to only keep the ones I really use and to really use the ones I keep. Sometimes there's a fine line between resourceful recycler and junk collector.

No comments: