The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dreams and Perspiration

Announcing the opening of Elemental Wellness and Chiropractic! Yesterday was the Grand Opening and today was an open house and I can honestly say that I'm feeling a huge sigh of relief that we've lived to see this day! We worked like crazy right up until 10 minutes past the ribbon cutting time but it turned out beautifully. So - brace yourself, here comes your grand tour (bear with my commentary of all that we did, after all, this is my personal blog, not the business website, and I can ramble if I want.)My biggest regret is that we don't have "before" pictures of the remodel. For example, the building wasn't green, it was a dirty off white and there was no ramp or handicap access, just steep and crumbling cement stairs. Thanks to Jackie Camp for all his help with the construction phase - the ramp is beautiful and solid. Oh, we'll finish painting the exterior trim and foundation when the snow melts (note to self, painting in 20 degrees isn't fun, try to avoid it in the future). I particularly like the logo over the door.
Here's your sign! You can't see the post but we repainted it too . . . just in case you want to call - there's the number, big as life!
This is the view from the street coming to work from our house. Landscaping will be another fun project that we'll save for when the weather clears.
Just through the front door you're in the kids play area. It's mostly windows but the pillows and toybox add some charm and we might put something on the lower half of the walls eventually. It's also nice during the day because the sign will come off the windows and there's lots of light and that window to the right goes into the waiting area so Mom's can watch their kids from the peace of the reception room. (Construction note - we widened the front door and entryway door and installed the wood floors.
This is the view from the front door (see me in the mirror?) The guys built the reception desk and I built the flowers (thanks Mom for the phone tutorial). I especially like the little flowers on the left of the desk - they're actually pens (I'm a simple girl).
From behind the desk looking at the reception area. We built the cornices and sheer panels for the windows and recovered all of the chairs in the building in matching fabric. Most of the artwork is landscape photography of the Emmet area.
This is the view from the waiting room chairs looking into the alcove. We put down the ceramic tile, and J built the coat rack/chair off to the right. This room is the only one that we didn't completely repaint - it was already a nice color. Still, we repainted all of the trim and touched up lots of holes and dents.
Dead ahead through the alcove is the bathroom. The guys laid the tile, moved the toiled, put down the baseboards and the crown moulding, installed the rails, put in a new sink, widened the door, replaced the window and the light fixture and did the drywall/texturing/painting from floor to ceiling.
If instead of going straight you turned right you'd be in Treatment room #1 (lovingly referred to as the "blue" room. This photo gives you a great view of Tyler's table that we reupholstered way back when in Texas and also the office chairs we redid. This is Justin's wall of fame.
If instead of turning right you turned left then you'd enter Treatment room #2 (the yellow room). The door you're seeing leads to their office and wasn't there when we started this project. This is another table that Tyler built with his buddy back in Texas and we upholstered (no - that's NOT my dayjob).
This is Ty's wall of fame - his diploma and our family picture (which I'm going to make bigger eventually to fit the frame). It's nice to finally have someplace to hang that diploma - a good reminder of all we've been through to get where we are.
Now, scroll up to the picture of me in the mirror. See that doorway off to the left of the desk? That there is this doorway to the Therapy Room. The guys ripped out a panel of cabinets, replaced the sink, redid the flooring, and did drywall/etc. on one end of the room. The green really brightens up the place. This is where patients will do their therapy (exercises, massage, etc).
And finally a view of the waiting room from the Therapy room. Off to your left in this picture you see my crock pot. That's because we put out a beautiful spread for the ribbon cutting. The food included the following:
Finger sandwiches of the Italian salami/havarti and Turkey/cheddar/onion variety.
Vegetable platter with dill dip
Crackers with sundried tomato basil cheeseball and spinach artichoke dip
A big bowl of grapes in three colors
Hot Wassail (hence the crock pot)
Cinnamon glazed Pecans (the ones you get at the mall, only I made them and they smell like heaven!!!)
Burnt sugar almonds (again, like heaven).
Pumpkin Roll (this is still one of my favorites, it's just so PRETTY).

Again, wish I got a picture of the food, but we were a little busy with other things. In all it was a success and I'm happy that we did it, that it's over and that we can get down to the business of running a business (and I can reclaim my house which has been sorely neglected these last few weeks).

16 comments:

The Kelly Variety said...

Wow Wow and Wow ~ it looks great! I'd say the phone tutorial was a success ~ and the fact that you've got skills!

carly said...

Congratulations! Looks comfortable and calming.

Jan'l said...

Yeah! it looks so good! I am so glad it is done for you guys and it is open. So excited for you ;) Thanks for all the pictos and details. I can't believe you missed taking a picto of the food. :)
Love you guys

Eliza said...

Congratulations guys! It looks so great! Where exactly are you? I must have lost track somewhere along the way.

Sarah Ball said...

Wow you guys did an amazing job! it is so BEAUTIFUL! I love it! I want to come see my two awesome brothers at work! So proud of my brothers and the two best chiropractors in the world! love you guys!

jackson said...

Well, this makes me cry! I can't believe what a beautiful job you all did! Wow wow wow is all I can say. SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU! What talented kids I have! It's overwelming. Wish we could have been there!! Not the funds for this year! Anyway, we are praying for you and know that you will be great! Love you all so much
Mom P

Anonymous said...

I love these!! Wish I had the right lens to get the inside, dang!! Love all the angles you got, YAY!!! I am going to send a link from here to my mom, they were bummed I didn't get the inside but with my lens, it was waaay too long and not allowing me to get "open" enough on things! Note to self, by a wide angle lens, sheesh. These are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Idaho Petersens! Beautiful! I love you all and admire all your wonderful hard work to create such a beautiful clinic...all your hard work will pay off, so keep it up.
Love, Amb

zealygirl said...

I'm Christie's friend, and wanted to say that those pecans were DIVINE! And your handiwork with that fabric is amazing. Good luck!

Kris said...

Congratulations Peterson brothers. You have done an amazing job and I've no doubt you will continue.
Auntie kris

Oveson's said...

That has to feel so good!! Congress that is so great

Oveson's said...

I ment congress but I had some little people help....LOL

Oveson's said...

Congrads....lol

Amber said...

Wow! It is all so beautiful! I kind of remember alittle of what it looked like before and what a transformation you guys did! I agree.. would love to have seen pics of the food.. better yet to have tasted it! Proud of you all and the journey you are embarking on!

Heath 'n Jeri said...

Oh sister it looks absolutely wonderful! You have done tons of work! I'm so glad that it is done and that you were sucessful! Did you have lots of peeps at the open house? It looks great!!

April said...

Congratulations! So much work, but so beautiful! Good luck in this new endeavor!