The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Girly

I can't believe how grown up Ksenya is getting. It happened all of a sudden, one minute she was a little girl and now she's a big kid. She is truly a wonderful help with her siblings and has started to get back a little of the curiosity and love of learning that she lost during school last year.
She is extremely socially aware and fashion conscious and loves to be going and doing. She is always busy and if I leave her alone for more than a minute I'll find her coloring, writing or creating something. She loves art and dance and is an organizer of activities around our house.
She also has an incredible ability to tan. Just look at this picture - and they are in the sun about the same amount of time. My boys got the fair skin and red hair and this little girly must have gotten the throwback Cherokee blood from her Grandma's side!
I have always loved Ksenya's face. It is so exceptionally beautiful and I think her fresh crop of freckles only adds to that. I remember being told I had angel kisses and now I tell her she's got them too. I love that she got her Daddy's green eyes and no matter how big she gets I just want to hold her!

1 comment:

Heath 'n Jeri said...

Oh Toni, she is just beautiful. I love her tan skin, and gorgeous green eyes. And I LOVE that she is getting her curiousity and love of learning back. Good Job mommy.