The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tornado Time

We had our first actual real life, right in our backyard tornado this last week. It was quite an adventure! This is what the sky looked like after the storm. I wish I'd had the sense to take a picture before but we were too busy hurrying into the bathroom.
After the storm there was a lot of damage.
Here's our backyard . . . this is the lawn - see the little boy among the rubble? He thought this was quite an adventure.
This is our garden just an hour after the first round of storms passed. The tomatoes actually survived fairly well. Some of the other plants didn't fare so well but a lot survived.
Our garbage can was thrown over into the neighbors air conditioner. This made me laugh because it was almost full and had quite a lot of water in it.
This is our street . . . all of the arrows are trees that came down.
This is our neighbor's tree - or what's left of it.

Ksenya was a nervous wreck during the whole storm. Kabe was his usual excited self and Ayvri just wanted to sit with me. I had to pull Brigham out of bed when a large branch hit the bedroom window and I've decided 6 people in a half bath with no power (i.e. no air conditioning) and flashlights doesn't make for the best experience ever, but we are safe and it was quite an adventure, something for the kids to tell their kids about I suppose.

1 comment:

Heath 'n Jeri said...

Oh my goodness! Frightening and exciting all in the same moment. However do not think that I would have liked to be in the six person bathroom party. :) I'm glad that you are all safe and happy.