The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Out of This World!

The Cub Scouts leaders decided we would invite all the Activity Day girls to do a Space Derby.  We are talking 40 kids racing their rockets.  This was a tricky one because none of us (parents and leaders) had EVER done a space derby before.  It ended up being one of my favorite scout events ever.  
Here are my cute racers and their amazingly creative rockets!

Tyler helped run the races and did a great job of getting everyone into the starting places.  

He also helped me and another leader to string balloons across the whole ceiling of the gym - it looked so great and didn't take all that long.  When Brigham saw it done he said, "wow mom!  That looks great! I bet it cost a lot huh?!"  I made the mistake of saying, "actually it was just $5 worth of balloons."  Now he wants to do it for every activity.  

The rockets were so creative and actually quite a bit of fun to build.  





In all it was a great even that I hope to repeat each year (if I can talk them into it!).  Scouts can be so much fun!

1 comment:

mackyton said...

It sounds like a fantastic party for the kiddos. I truly enjoyed all of the décor and everything else. Well, I too would be hosting the baby shower for my cousin at the local event space Chicago. I believe that when it comes to host a party for the loved ones, choosing the personalized themes can be the best thing to make their day even more memorable. I will be picking a fun theme soon for this baby shower.