The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pinewood Masterpiece

I'm a girl.  This means that in the culture in which I was raised I never had the chance to build a pinewood derby car.  That's a scout thing.  Now I'm not complaining - in fact I think it's great that my first opportunity came just a few weeks ago when our ward activity invited everyone to build a car.  I was ready for this and had big plans.  
I got a little carried away, but it was SO fun!  I want to take up whittling, or wood working.  I told Tyler I want to get a giant log or stump so I can carve a totem pole in the backyard.  Seriously - this was some major craft therapy for me.

But - I let the girls claim it as their own and race it.  We were slow - didn't even come close to the fast cars, but we were so pretty we got the Sweeptakes trophy.

And what a trophy it was!  Where do you put this thing?  Such a fun night - our ward really is awesome at throwing parties.  

No comments: