The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Moose

Every day I've been looking to see a Moose.  I'm their biggest fan and I'm fascinated by them.  Finally on Christmas Eve I headed to Wal-mart to pick up some last minute items and guess who I found?  Baby moose.

He was so darn cute and I sat and watched him for about a half hour.  I was just mesmerized.  


 Then just a couple weeks later the kids and I were headed somewhere and there she was - Mom and baby right in the middle of the road.

We got so close to her I couldn't believe it!  She looked right at us and here I was hanging out of the car window to get a good photo.  

Finally they got together and wandered down the road.  I just love this part of living here in Alaska.  Now the family calls me the Moose-finder because I usually see them before everyone else.  They are really hard to spot in the trees, but we probably see them once a week - even right here in our neighborhood.  They are magnificent and someday I'll get a good zoom lens for my camera and take some really great photos.  (these were all taken on my phone).  

No comments: