The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Boys & Rocks

Apparently little baby boys in my body decide they need to play with rocks - stones, that is, kidney stones.  This is a beauty that I passed just a month before Noah was born.  Then just a month after he came we ended up in the hospital again.  Kidney stones on both sides so big they would never pass - but posed a potential rupture (again).  

This was very reminiscent to the episode just after Brigham was born.  The ER was miserable and Tyler was so patient as I just cried and cried until they finally got me out of pain.  The urologist scheduled surgery and we had lithotripsy in Cedar.  Unfortunately they couldn't get all the stones.  Jeri took me to St. George the next week for a middle-of-the-night surgery that they just kept pushing back.  It was crazy late when we were done and we headed home.  

Little boys are worth it but I sure do hate kidney stones!  

No comments: