The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Friday, November 7, 2014

There is an Arizona!

Every once in a while we just have to get out of Dodge and this time we got to go on a fun couples weekend for one of Daddy's CBA training seminars in Phoenix.  I'd been anxious to accompany him on this particular one because of a little store called "Last Chance" where I'd heard we could get screaming deals on nice clothing - and boy did we!
We did a lot of this (sitting in the back row and reading while Daddy listened to his classes).  ( also did a lot of answering the question, "Is this your first?" to which I of course replied, "Oh, no." Followed by, "How many do you have?"  Me, "this will be seven".  stunned silence.  I get it people - that's a lot of kids and thank heavens I don't look old enough.  Are there no pregnant people in Arizona?
We had to take a few pictures for the kiddos - I thought this impressive cactus was cool and Daddy was a good sport and climbed the hill so I could get a picture of him with it.
This one was for Brigham.  For lunch I ordered "Lobster Bisque".  If you don't get the reference then you just don't watch enough good TV (think Studio C).  What a nice trip.  We stayed in a nice hotel, slept in, got all our Christmas shopping done (thank you Goodwill) and I finished reading my book.  The perfect weekend get-away.  This post was brought to you by Aunt Jeri - the sponsor of so many of my good times.  She watched the kids and let us borrow her gas-saving vehicle.  (ps, don't sit in a vw bug when you're very pregnant for 8+hours solid, it does bad things to your body).  

No comments: