The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, March 11, 2012

More Growing Pains

Seriously - this has to stop. The big girly got glasses. She's far-sighted (something I can't comprehend). She really only needs to wear them when she reads but she really really likes them (they're pink after all). I'll admit, I pulled out a picture of myself when I got my first pair of pink glasses at 8 years old. I was not cute. Not even a little bit.
What am I going to do with this big girl? She is so good and smart. Her parent teacher conference revealed the obvious - she's brilliant at all things literary. Reading, writing, grammar and research. She just loves everything that involves words. Math not so much. Still, her teacher said she wished she had a classroom full of her and had only mother-gloating praise for her. Of course. How we love our big girl!

p.s. Darla looks like a plastic doll in this picture. She has a rash on her face and so I slimed her which is why her face looks plastic. This is Darla's favorite place to sit to watch movies - always on Ksenya's lap.

No comments: