The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Big Sister?

I am in training to become a big sister. Part of this training has involved wearing shoes so that Mom doesn't have to carry me everywhere we go. At first I wasn't sure about the shoes, they feel funny on my feet and make walking a little awkward but I have gotten used to them and really like the independence that I have now. Mom even lets me run around outside. I like to run down the driveway and down the street towards Aunt Jeri's but Mom never let's me get past the neighbor's driveway. She did let me play in the sandbox though, that was fun.
I wish I were big enough to ride bikes with the kids - they are so much faster than me and I have to scream at them so they don't leave me behind. I like getting dirty and throwing the gravel from the driveway. I also like making 'soup' with Brigham by mixing dirt and leaves and snow in a big bucket out in the front yard.
I guess it will be ok to be a big sister, except I don't really want to share the attention. Mom is hoping that I am sweet about it but we'll find out this week. I am getting sick of the big bump under Mom's shirt - it makes sitting on her lap really frustrating and she doesn't like it when I push it to try and get it out of my way. I decided to get a little bit sick just to make sure I get a lot of attention right before the baby comes. Mom stayed home from church with me today and has been holding me all day. She told me not to get used to it - something about sharing the night-time hours. We'll see about that.

No comments: