The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Saturday, November 12, 2011

LIfeline

At school the kids are doing biography work. This assignment was to make a paper chain to represent their life - one link for each month they've lived. They were so happy to bring them home and very hesitant to throw them away (what do you do with 50 feet of paper chain?) We decided we could 'keep' them in photographs.
Kabe insisted on pulling this face. His chain looks a lot longer than Ksenya's but really it's just that he's such a stubby little guy. He really is so short but makes up for it with personality. We wound this around him about 6 times. He just grew out of his 4T clothes (in time for Brig to grow into them). So thankful for every link in that chain and all the smiles it represents.
Ksenya chose such a nice variety of colors and it made me smile. Every month of her life has been sunshine for me and I can't help but reminisce over those first few months where she was my little buddy and got 90% of my time. I love remembering those first few months of Mommy-hood and how special a time it was. Sure glad this one came first to teach me patiently about the greatest job I have.

No comments: