The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Sunday, September 11, 2011

County Fair, Country Fun

I really love living in the country. I love all the free community events that are so full of spirit and charm and unique creativity. The county fair has always been one of my favorite things, particularly the entries for crafts, food and produce. So many talented people, and someday I'll enter something in the fair. I had high hopes to have a baby quilt finished to make our grand announcement, but hey, plans change and hopefully I'll finish the quilt before he arrives. At any rate, the county fair is on my bucket list.The high point for Daddy and Brigham was the tractor showcase. Brig loved this one that was just his size. Daddy and Papa Horse spent a good little while admiring and discussing the tractors and it was fun to hear them reminisce. The kids enjoyed the petting zoo but our favorite is always the produce tent. I'm amazed and encouraged at what people here can grow.

No comments: