The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Monday, February 15, 2010

Feelin' the Love

As Valentines Day approached the kids decided we needed to have a party. I'm not a big one for parties and so they sort of had to drag me along but finally we agreed upon a feast (menu planned by them) a game night and of course, pink streamers (why do kids get so excited about streamers?). This is where we ended up. After our spaghetti and meatballs we played "dead man", "musical chairs", "the sign game", "the kissing game", "telephone", "zoob" and then had a big wrestling match with Daddy. We finished off the night with banana splits (my kids have never had a banana split before, amazing no?). It was a lot of fun and there may just be more parties in our future. Happy V-day!

I also need to document the wonderful lunch date we got on Saturday thanks to good friends who babysat for us! We saw Avatar 3D too and it was pretty cool. It's so fun just to be together and enjoy one another without any distractions - I'm one lucky girl, and Tyler is one lucky guy. Marriage is so GREAT!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like a fun family party! I have to say...of all the parties I've even thrown, my favorites are our little family ones. Glad yours was a success!

Heath 'n Jeri said...

Pink Streamers! I knew I forgot something! :) I'm glad that you had a wonderful Vday family party!