The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cake Time

Why is the cake such an important part of birthdays? This year since we are going gluten-free I made a brownie/ice cream cake. Kabe chose Superman ice cream because it's blue and he insisted he needed dark blue frosting. This is as dark as it could get and the coloring had major repercussions on our teeth (see below).
He also wanted moon rocks, stars and a rocket. I was pleased with how it turned out especially considering I didn't spend much time on it and he was a happy camper.
Still - I wish you could accomplish dark blue without the yucky smurf-toothed smiles.
Happy Birthday Dude!

5 comments:

Heath 'n Jeri said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA I love the blue smiles! The cake looks GREAT. Happy Birthday KabeDude!!

jackson said...

Happy Birthday!!! Kabe. Sure do love you and had so much fun just watching you figure out how to get into trouble. Love your sweet little mischievous face!!!
love gramma Horse

Oveson's said...

Happy birthday Kabe buddy!!! those are some awesome smiles...makes me think smurfs

Unknown said...

Completely awesome! Yeah for Kabe!!

J Wilson said...

Mmmmm . . . cake experiments. Brings back such tart memories. I'm glad to see you're still at it :)