The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Friday, May 22, 2009

Sweet Little Momma

I have to write this down before I forget. Ksenya probably had it the hardest with me in the hospital. She is a routine kid - thrives off of knowing what's going to happen and following a schedule. Not only that but her dance recital that has been the highlight of her life for the last several months was this last weekend. Not only did I not get to see it (I cried my eyes out) . . . NONE of our family got to be there, she had to go with a friend (thanks Liza) and that breaks my heart. When we left for the hospital she said, "Mom are you going to die?" She was very worried about me and her teacher said she didn't want to ask her too much about it because Ksenya would get very serious and quiet. I know she worried a lot and has been so sweet and attentive with me since I've been home. I wish there were a way to rewind and be there for her but I'm also thankful that there will be more memories like this that we can make together!!! I love you girly, thanks for being the Momma while I was gone.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so sorry you missed her recital. Did someone record it so you can at least borrow it and watch it that way? She's such a good girl. I'm glad you're feeling better; I'm still only a phone call away if you need ANYTHING! Love ya!

The Martone Memories said...

This almost made me cry. I know what its like to have a daughter just like that! I love how concerned she was. So sweet.

April said...

Ohhhh...poor girlie, and momma too. Glad you're home and doing better.